Though inclusion has always been a major topic in the marketing industry, we’ve seen a recent increase in the number of discussions revolving around the lack of inclusion from major brands, especially in their advertising. Take a look at a few important statistics marketers should know to better understand the importance of inclusion and how it is impacting the entire marketing industry:
1. 58% of consumers have stopped supporting a brand due to lack of LGBTQ representation in ads.
2. 42% of Americans want to see more racial diversity in advertising.
3. 61% of consumers say they believe that diversity in advertising is important.
4. 38% of consumers are more likely to trust brands that do well with showing diversity in their ads.
Percentages are higher among specific consumer groups including:
o Latinx+ (85%)
o African American (79%)
o Asian/Pacific Islander (79%)
o LGBTQ (85%)
o Millennial (77%)
5. 69% of brands with representative ads saw an average stock gain of 44% in a seven-quarter period.
6. Brands with the highest diversity scores see an 83% higher consumer preference.
7. 85% of consumers reported that LGBTQ+ representation shows that a business is committed to offering products for all types of customers.
8. Multicultural consumers make up almost 40% of the U.S. population.
9. 93% of marketers believe inclusive marketing is important for the business potential it represents.
10. While one out of four people live with a disability, only 1% of ads represent them.
As inclusion and equality continue to be a major concern in society, it is important for brands to also make it a major concern within their representation. Request a Demo from Nexus AI to learn how this next-generation platform is helping brands become inclusive powerhouses with the power of artificial intelligence.