Nexus A.I. is always looking to add talented people to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer. If you’re interested in being part of our growth, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What do we do?
We're fusing psychology with artificial intelligence to create a SaaS platform that applies psychological instruments, like personality traits and emotions, to tackle some of the hardest real-world problems, ranging from racism to team building.
What are we looking for?
Nexus A.I. is seeking a highly talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer comfortable with both back end and front end programming, with a strong emphasis on back end experience. As an integral part of our team, you'll be involved in design, development, implementation and maintenance of software applications, with unique opportunities to contribute to systems architecture and database design.
You have a passion for software engineering and applying it in a revolutionary ways. You are a self-starter who thrives tackling big problems with an unceasing intellectual curiosity to learn, improve, and grow personally. You get bored with routine, steady as you go environments, relish constantly evolving situations, and leap at opportunities with new technologies.
What will you be doing?
You'll work with a small, highly motivated team to develop responsive web applications in an Agile environment:
- Designing, developing and writing well-documented effective, and efficient code to be consumed by the front-end.
- Leveraging test driven development approach to write code, meeting high quality standards.
- Working in small, agile teams to design, prototype and build new and enhance existing products and tools.
- Working with business stakeholders to capture requirements, design, and develop software solutions.
- Taking end-to-end responsibility for the development, testing, release, and support of production services.
- Participating in sprint planning, stands, and product review meetings.
- 4 to 8 years of professional experience as a full stack developer or similar role.
- 4+ years of backend software development experience.
- 3+ years of frontend software development experience.
- Strong object-oriented design and object oriented programming skills.
- Strong fluency in the . NET tech stack (C# and .NET Core).
- Experience developing UI using web frameworks such as React, Angular/AngularJS or Vue.
- Experience developing with SQL Server, - ----MySQL, PostgreSQL or other DBMS products.
- Experience developing web services using REST, SOAP or similar approaches.
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworksExperience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google, etc. (we currently use Azure).
- Familiarity with other object-oriented languages (eg Groovy, Python, Ruby).
- Real-world experience building very large scale, high availability applications.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and related DevOps toolingFamiliarity with git.
- Familiarity with Agile/iterative development methodologies (XP, SCRUM, etc.).
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, OR, equivalent experience in relevant roles in lieu of a degree.
Desired Stand Out Qualities:
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a dynamic, iterative development process.
- Ability to wear many hats, learn quickly, collaborate with partner teams, lead technical design discussions, and promote engineering excellence across the team.
- Working and collaborating with a remote team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience designing and developing enterprise grade, B2B SaaS applications.
- Passionate about learning new software languages and tools.
- Familiarity with the security industry is desirable but not required.
- Familiarity with AngularJS is desirable but not required.
- Familiarity with creating robust automated unit/functional test suites and deployment scripts.
- Working experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, MapReduce, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, etc.) is also desirable but not required.
Remote within continental USA (relocation not required). Most of team is in the Chicago area.
- Competitive salary & equity package (salary range between $110K to $130K)
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Employee 401K with employer matching.
- Employer-paid life insurance.
NOTE: We do not provide H1B visa sponsorship nor provide sponsorship for employment visas.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE